Yes, I'm a sellout.

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Things other people said before me.

Músicas que me definem em alguma parte da letra: (podem incluir comentários)

Metallica -
The Unforgiven
Nothing Else Matters
Hero of the Day (grande letra)
Motorbreath (agora por ordem cronológica de gravação)
Fade to Black
For Whom the Bell Tolls ("..Take a look to the sky, just before you die, it's the last time you will...will...will")
Ride the Lightning
Dyer's Eve
...And Justice for All
Blackened (bem podia meter aqui todas as musicas deles... mas pronto)
One
To Live is to Die
Sanitarium
The Thing That Should Not Be
Sad But True
Wherever I May Roam (grande som)
Of Wold And Man ("..Shape shift,
nose to the wind,
shape shift,
feeling i've been,
move swift,
back to the meaning of,
life...")
The God That Failed ("..Not the Word, not the love, not what you thought from above..
it feeds, it grows , it clouds all that you will know,
deciet, decieve, decide just what you believe...

I see faith in your eyes, never you hear the discouraging lies
I hear faith in your cries, broken is the promiss, betrayal,
the heeding hand, held back by the deeper nail,
follow the god that failed.")
My Friend of Misery ("..Remember, misery loves company..." grande som. grande som.)
Bleeding Me (simplesmente..."I'm diggin my way...
I'm diggin my way to something
I'm diggin my way to something better...")
Cure ("The man takes another bullet, he keeps them all within. He must seek, no matter how it hurts, so don't fool with him. He thinks the answer's cold in his hand, he takes his medicine, the man takes another bullet, yeah, he's been fooled again..."..."Yeah everyone's got to have the sickness, cause everyone seems to need the cure..")
King Nothing
Mama Said ("Mama she has taught me well, told me when i was young.. ' son your life's an open book, don't close it before it's done..'.. The brightest flame burns quickest, it's what i heard them say, a son's heart is owed to mother , but i must find my way...")
Poor Twisted Me ("..Oh poor twisted me, I feast on sympathy, I chew on suffer, I chew on agony, swallow whole the pain, it's too good to be, that all this misery, is just for old poor twisted me")
Ronnie ("all things wash away, but blood stains of red today...")
The House that Jack Built
The Outlaw Torn... grande som... grande som... ("And if i close my mind in fear, please pry it open... and if my face becomes sincere, beware... and when i start to come undone, stitch me together,.. and when you see me strut, remind me of what left this outlaw torn...")
The Thorn Within ("forgive me father, for i have sinned, find me guilty of the life i feel within...")
Until it Sleeps ("So tear me open, but beware, there's things inside without a care" uma música de tempos em que não conseguia calar o outro eu...)
Wasting My Hate.. boa música.. ("Good day, how do? and i send a smile to you, don't waste your breath, and i won't waste my hate on you")
Attitude ("throw all your bullets in the fire, and stand there.." .." Why cure the fever? what ever happened to sweat")
Carpe Diem Baby ("So take this world and shake it, come squeeze and suck the day, come carpe diem baby")
Devil's Dance ("In your eyes i see a fire that burns to feed you...that's wanting through")
Fixxxer ("but tell me can you heal what father's done, or fix the hole in mother's son? can you heal the broken worlds within, can you strip away, so we may start again?".."Just when all seems fine and i'm pain free, you jab another pin, jab another pin in me...")
Fuel ("Oh.. on I burn, fuel is pumping engines, burning hard, loose and clean, and on i burn, churning my direction, quench my thirst with gasoline...")
Low Man's Lyric ("My eyes seek reality, my fingers seek my veins..."..."So as i write to you, of what is done and to do, maybe you'll understand, and won't cry for this man, cause low man is due...")
Prince Charming ("Look it's me, the one who can't be free, much too young to focus but too old to see..")
Slither ("Don't go lookin for snakes you might find them, dont set your eyes on the sun, you might blind them... haven't i seen you here before, well there ain't no heroes here...no more...")
Memory Remains (basicamente "Fortune, fame, mirror vain, gone insane, but the memory remains...")
The Unforgiven II (apesar de conseguir aguentar-se mais que bem sozinha, uma bem afamada continuação da The Unforgiven, altamente recomendada :P)
Where the Wild Things Are ("So wake up sleepy one, it's time to save your world...")
No Leaf Clover (simplesmente, "Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel is just a freight train coming your way...")
- Human ("Tell me does your sun still shine, come squeeze the world and drip it down my throat again...")
Dirty Window ("Am I who i think i am?")
All Withing My Hands ("...All within my hands, squeeze it in, crush it down... All within my hands, hold it dear, hold it suffocates... "..."All within my hands... beware.."..."I'll die if i let go, control is love, love is control.")
Frantic ("If i could have my wasted days back, would i use them to get back on track?"..."Do i have the strength to know how i'll go, can i find it inside to deal with what i shouldn't know?")
Invisible Kid ("Invisible kid never see what he did, got stuck where he hid, fallen through the grid...")
My World ("Who's in charge of my head today? Dancin' devils in angel's way... It's my time now...")
Shoot me Again ("Shoot me again, shoot me again , shoot me, shoot me agian, shoot me again, shoot me, SHOOT ME AGAIN SHOOT ME AGAIN YEAH! ALL THE SHOTS I TAKE, WHAT DIFFERENCE DID I MAKE?" *sigh*)
Some Kind of Monster ("This is the god that ain't so pure, this is the god that is not pure, this is the voice of silence no more..")
St. Anger ("Fuck it all and no regrets i hit the lights on these dark sets, i need a voice to let myself, to let myself go free. Medallion noose, I'll hang myself (pun) saint anger round my neck..."..."I feel my world shake, like an earthquake, hard to see clear, is it me, is it fear?")
The Unnamed Feeling ("it comes alive and i die a little more..")

Garage Inc (não metallica, mas covers k eles fizeram)
Astronomy ("Astronomy.... a staar")
Tuesday's Gone
It's Electric
Turn The Page
Sabra Cadabra
Loverman
Whiskey in the Jar ("some men like the fishing, some men like the fouling, some men like to hear, to hear the cannonball rolling.. me, i like sleeping, especially in my Molly's chamber, but here i am in prision, here i am with ball and chain yeah")
So What (So "Fucking" What?)


puff , acabou metallica... chegava um post assim ne? mas nao, vou fazer até ao fim... só quero aqui dizer que as musicas não valem mais por terem um comentário maior, só é o k m apeteceu escrever.

Greenday (ou Green Day ou lá como quiserem)
Time of your Life (Good Riddance) (ou ao contrário.."It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right, I hope you have the time of your life." Musica final de Seinfeld, uma jóia escondida no estilo dos greenday)
Longview
Minority ("One light, one mind, flashing in the dark...")
Holiday ("Hear the sound of the fallin' rain, coming down like an armaggeddon's flame..")
Hitchin a Ride ("Troubled times, you know i cannot lie,I'm off the wagon and i'm hitchin a ride")
Macy's Day Parade ("Then I realized what it took to tell the difference between thieves and crooks, lesson learned, me and you..")
Jesus of Suburbia ("..I'm the son of rage and love..".."Tales from another broken home...")
Give Me Novacaine ("..Drain the pressure from the swelling, the sensation's overwhelming, give me a kiss goodnight and everything will be alright, tell me that i won't feel a thing, so give me novacaine..")
Basketcase
Wake me up When September Ends (setembro pode significar qualquer mau período que tenham passado... mas neste caso é uma maneira de protesto contra o prolongamento do setembro fatídico por parte do sr. presidente dos EUA manifestado pela decisão de permanecência das tropas americanas no iraque. e já que tamos nisso, )
The Saints Are Coming (com os U2, vejam o vídeo entao que é um espectáculo. "not as seen on TV")
Extraordinary Girl

Foo Fighters
Everlong (claro..."If everything could ever feel this real forever, If everything could ever be this good again... the only thing i'll ever ask of you, you gotta promise not to stop when i say when...")
Learn To Fly ("Make my way back home and learn to fly")
Times Like These ("I, I'm a little divided, do i stay or run away and leave it all behind?")
In Your Honor ("In your honor, i would die tonight!")
No Way Back ("Lately i've been living in my head, the rest of me is dead i'm dying for truth!")
Best of You ("Were you born to resist, or be abused?")
The Deepest Blues Are Black
Hell ("Come break my skin, I'll let you sink right in, and show you everything...")
The Last Song ("This is the last song, that i will dedicate to you")
Still ("If you'd like to walk a while, we could waste a day...")

Pearl Jam
Better Man (" Memories black when she was bold and strong and waiting for the world to come along...")
Even Flow (" Even flow, thoughts arrive like butterflies.. he don't know, so he chases them away...")
Black (" I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, i know you'll be a star, in somebody else's sky, but why.. why, why can't it be in mine.." unfulfilled prophecy, i hope...)
Do The Evolution ("Admire me, admire my home, admire my son, he's my clone...")
Last Kiss (ai..)
I Am Mine

devo também referir que sou um inculto e que só conheço mesmo bem metallica.

Alanis Morisette
Joining You ("If we were (uma data d coisas) i'd be joining you" vale a pena.)
All I Really Want ("all i really want is some comfort, a ways to get my hands untied")
Perfect (n m apetece.. axo k tou a ficar cansado... até disse acho com x...)
Hand in my Pocket (mas ainda faltam tantas...) ("I'm lost but i'm hopeful, baby...")
Forgiven ("I never forgot it, confusing as it was, no fun with no guild feelings...")
You Learn ("I recommend biting off more than you can chew, at any time...")
Mary Jane ("Well it's full speed baby, in the wrong direction.. There's a few more bruises, if that's the way you insist on heading")
Ironic (n e preciso. toda a gente conhece esta)
Wake Up ("There's an aprehensive naked trembling boy with his head in his hands...")
Uninvited ("I don't think you unworthy, i need a moment, to deliberate..")
No Pressure Over Cappuccino
That I Would Be Good ("That i would be loved, even when i'm not myself" obrigado ;) )


Rui Veloso
Não Há Estrelas No Céu ("Se não fosse o rock and roll, o que seria de mim?" ;) )
Fado do Ladrão Enamorado
A Gente Não Lê ("Falar o dialecto da terra, conhecer o corpo pelos sinais..." mas devo admitir que não gosto do "aaaaii isenhor das furnaaas" mas gosto da letra "ai , senhor das furnas, que escuro vai dentro de nós")
Nunca Me Esqueci de Ti ("Bato a porta, devagar, olho só mais uma vez, como é tão bonita esta avenida..")
Todo o Tempo do Mundo
Porto Côvo ("Havia um pessegueiro na ilha, plantado por um vizir de odemira, que dizem, por amor, se matou novo, aqui, no lugar de porto côvo")
Lado Lunar
Não Me Mintas ("Põe aqui a mão, sente o deserto, cheio de culpas que não são minhas...")
Primeiro Beijo

há mais, mas eu não conheço, por isso finjo que não há e bola pra frente e segue jogo.

Xutos e Pontapés
Não sou o Único (Não sou o único.. pois não?)
Homem do Leme ("Sozinho na noite, um barco ruma, para onde vai?")
Ai Se Ele Cai ("Todos os dias que vejo, Todas as noites que quero, e eu vou procurando um sinal em ti que me faça rir..." eu espero e ele vem)
Vida Malvada ("Pois hoje eu vou pegar na guitarra, hoje é que eu me faço à estrada, olá ó vida malvada!")
Chuva Dissolvente (voces não são um daqueles miúdos que crescem em frente à televisão? eu até fui um bocado... se só um bocado... ah e tal , não sei nada de ti... talvez se fosse um pouco mais pobre, fosse um pouco mais feliz... se calhar é por isso que os pobres são mais felizes que os ricos... aposto que se os cabelos se tornassem dourados em vez de brancos havia menos trabalho...)
Dá Um Mergulho No Mar ("Há tanta coisa pra fazer, e tanta por inventar, dá um mergulho no mar!")
Diz-me ("se estão a favor da guerra, se põem de lado a terra, e vão-se esquecendo de ti..." ..." se o que parece é, vivemos fora de pé, num completo desgoverno")
Zona Limite
Desejo
Pequeno Pormenor ("um parafuso num foguetão")
À Minha Maneira
Contentores
O Mundo Ao Contrário

3 Doors Down - Landing in London (" If this takes me away much longer, i don't know what i will do..."..."And when the night falls in around me, i don't think i'll make it through... I'll use your light to guide my way, cause all i think about is you..")
3 Doors Down - Away From The Sun
Blue October - Hate Me
Bush - The People That We Love
Bush - Letting The Cables Sleep
Bush - The Chemicals Between Us
Bush - Swallowed
Da Weasel - Força ("Tás a sentir, uma página de história, pedaço da tua glória vai passar a breve memória tamos no pico do verão mas chove por todo o lado, levo uma de cada, já tou bem aviado.")
Da Weasel - Outro Nível
Da Weasel - Casa
Dire Straits/Eric Clapton/whatchamacallit - Layla
Jaon Osborn - What if god was
Muse - Butterflies and Hurricanes ("Change everything you are , everything you were.. your last chance has arrived..")
Nickelback - Far Away
Nickelback - If Everyone Cared
Nickelback - Photograph
Nirvana - Pain (You know you're right) (You know you're right)

The Offspring - Defy You
The Offspring - Have you Ever ("felt like there was more, like someone else was keeping the score and what could make you whole was simply out of reach")
The Offspring - Smash ("Smash is the way you feel all alone, like an outcast you're out on your own")
The Offspring - It'll be a long time
The Offspring - Million Miles Away
The Offspring - The Kids Aren't Alright
(conseguem ver a minha paciencia a ir-se abaixo, não?) (edit: esqueçam.. decidi esforçar-me um pouco mais..)
The Offspring - Come Out Swinging ("You brace and hold it all inside... it's more than you can stand... no one around even tries, tries to understand")
The Offspring - Not The One
The Offspring - Bad Habit
The Offspring - Conspiracy of One (" Red over white, it's one last fatal scene brought up by someone unseen, moving on their own.")
The Offspring - Staring at the Sun
The Offspring - Denial, Revisited (" and when we wrote this story how did it end? it was you and me for all our lives come on don't say it we'll try again and if i just hold you we could last..." não quero ouvir o resto. "but she stands softly tears down her face hitting me oh god this is the end i've waited for you, but there's nothing more now i can do... how did you know..")
The Offspring - Dammit I Changed Again ("Dammit i changed again" lol)

Ornatos Violeta - Ouvi Dizer ("A cidade está deserta...")
Queen - Heaven For Everyone ("Listen, what people do to other souls, they take their lives destroy their goals, their basic pride and dignity stripped and torn and shown no pity whe this should be heaven for everyone...")
Queen - The Show Must Go On ("Empty Spaces, what are we living for, abandoned places, i guess we know this door.. on and on, does anybody know what we are living for?")
Queen - I want it all ("I'm a man with a one track mind, so much to do in one lifetime. Do you hear me live for compromise and wheres and why's and living lies? so i'm living it all, and i'm giving it all")

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Can't Stop ("the spirits when i need you, this life is more than just a read through")
Red Hot Chili Peppers - The Zephyr Song ("Get it off with no propeller")
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Fortune Faded ("Come on god, do I seem bulletproof?")
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Easily
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Scar Tissue
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Otherside

The Rembrandts - I'll be there for you (a banda sonora da famosa série friends é uma jóia só por si. "even at my worst , i'm best with you")

Robbie Williams - Eternity ("Close your eyes so you don't feel them. they don't need to see you cry...")
Robbie Williams - Angels
Robbie Williams - Something Beautiful ("All your friends think you're satisfied, but they can't see your soul")
Robbie Williams - She's The One ("she's the one")

Sting - Englishman in New York ("Takes more than combat gear to make a man, takes more than a license for a gun..")
Sting - If I Ever Lose My Faith In You ("There'd be nothing left for me to do")
Sting - Russians
The Police - Every Breath You Take

Stone Temple Pilots - Interstate Love Song
U2 - Electrical Storm ("Lets see colors that'll never be seen")
U2 - One
U2 - Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own ("Tough.. you think you got the stuff, you're telling me and anyone you're hard enough".."You don't have to put up a fight.. you don't have to always be right... let me take some of the punches for you tonight...")
U2 - Beautiful Day ('cause it is..)

uma favorita minha, William Shatner - Common People, muito engraçado o Capitão Kirk :P

Eric Clapton - Wonderful Tonight
Audioslave - Be Yourself
bon Jovi - (lol ia escrever bon jove, bah esqueçam..) Bed Of Roses (só é pena a parte imoral... enfim... )
Bon Jovi - It's My Life
Bon Jovi - Dead or Alive

Brian Adams - Summer of '69 (excelente)
Brian Adams - Everything I Do
Brian Adams - Have you ever really loved a woman (se é que é assim que se escreve..)


Lit - Ziplock (banda mt pouco conhecida, mt fixe "I've been stealing time where i can get it from... " ..."I don't want you to be better off without me..")
Dire Straits - Sultans Of Swing
Eagle Eye Cherry - Save Tonight ("Fight the break of dawn...")
Frank Sinatra - Unforgettable
Frank Sinatra - My Way ("For what is a man ,what has he got, if not himself, then he has not, to say the things he truly feels and not the words of one who kneels, the record shows i took the blows and did it my way")
Frank Sinatra - That's Amore ( com outro)
Jamiroquai - Virual Insanity
Jamiroquai - Don't Give Have A Chance
Live - Overcome
Pluto - Só Mais Um Começo (" É só mais um começo com teus dentes no chão!")
Tara Perdida - Nasci Hoje
Tim - Voar
Tim e Maris/za - Fado do Encontro
Rolling Stones - Sympathy For The Devil
Blink 182 - Feeling This
Blink 182 - Adam's Song
Blink 182 - Stay Together For The Kids
Blink 182 - Dammit

Aerosmith - Fly Away From Here
Chris Cornell - Can't Change Me

Clã - O Problema de Expressão
Queen & David Bowie - Under Pressure (ui ui.."it's the terror of knowing what this world is about, watching some good friends screaming let me out! pray tomorrow gets me higher.."..."Turn away from it all, like a blind man... I sat on a fence but it dont work... keep coming to the love but it's so slashed and torn.. why... "..."can't we give ourselves one more chance? why can't we give love one more chance? why can't we give love? cause love is such an old fashioned word and love dares you to care for the people on the edge of the night and love dares you to change our way of caring about ourselves, this is our last dance, this is our last dance, this is ourselves... under pressure..." in a nutshell. perfeito.)
Guns And Roses - Sweet Child Of Mine ("I'd hate to look into those eyes and see an ounce of pain..")
Guns And Roses - Don't Cry
Hoobastank - If I Were You
Hoobastank - The Reason
John Lennon - Imagine (todos sabem, é excelente)
Linkin Park - Breaking the Habit
Linkin Park - Crawling
Kelly Clarkson - Because of You ("i try my hardest just to forget everything, because of you i don't know how to let anyone else in, because of you i'm ashamed of my life because it's empty, because of you i am afraid..")
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
Pink Floyd - Sorrow
Seether - Broken
Johnny Cash - Father And Son ( original de Cat Stevens)
Jonhny Cash - Folsom Prison Blues
Johnny Cash - Green Grass Of Home (acho eu)


por agora é tudo... por agora... porra... k cena...digam-me as musicas que vos definem. como veem tenho multiplas definições.

5 comments:

suz said...

E de repente senti-me num filme com 1 banda sonora fantástica.
Ai ai, no que tu foste falar... em música!
Fazemos assim: como já é tarde, eu vou dormir, mas prometo que vou fazer um post com as músicas que foram marcando a minha vida. Não vou ser tão pormenorizada como tu, mas vou deixar uma pitadinha...
Não te admires se lá vires muitas das músicas que aqui puseste...

A said...

São tantas as musicas e autores que me definem... digamos que não tenho exactamente os mesmos gostos que tu, mas vi por ai nessa lista algo que me chamou a atenção, tal como Pearl Jam e Bush, dos meus tempos áureos de juventude...

:D

E terminaste com chave de ouro, com o Johnny Cash... um senhor... não aceito o desafio porque a minha lista seria ainda maior que a tua!...

Obrigada pela visita. Gostei do teu Blog, estás adicionado à lista de Blogs :)

E viva a nossa terra que é a mais LINDA do MUNDO!!!!!!!!!!

;)

A said...

Acho que na tua lista ainda falta Led Zeppelin...

:)


E aquela musica do Rui Veloso que é a minha preferida... Quem vem e atravessa o rio...

:)

Insert Name Here said...

Pois eu até punha, eu sei que é bonita. Mas não diz nada sobre a pessoa. Só sobre a cidade. E visto que não fui ao porto...

Tome-se que isto não é uma lista de músicas que gosto. É uma lista de músicas que tem alguma parte da letra que me define.

E não conheço quase nada de Led Zepplin. Eu sei, é triste. Mas é a verdade.

rummy_ said...

há muitas musicas que me definem, algumas delas estão nessa lista =P